Are you Interested in Pinterest?
The Darling of the Curation Social Media Set in 2012
Within the past month there have been hundred Blogposts, Newspaper articles, Television programs all praising or damning Pinterest.
Pinterest has definitely made an Impact on the Social Media World
This Visual Curation Site has seen page views jump from 10 million to 17 million visits just in January!
On those stats alone, perhaps you should consider adding Pinterest to your social media marketing mix. BUT……
What about the all of the Negatives being presented regarding the Legalities of Copyright?
Well, I am not a legal beagle, nor do I jump for every NEW Gold ring..
But, as with all time and involvement decisions regarding Best Business Social Media effectiveness, I do look at and study the various opportunities in Social Media Marketing offered, seemingly, every day. Pinterest impressed me, as are the Curation Sites we see sprouting up everywhere. The ability to assemble Data, connected to a common thread,and presenting it in an attractive manner has to be good for anyone seeking to command Internet Authority, Traffic and INCREASED SALES and Profit…
Yes, that is what most of us are in business for increased sales, satisfied customers and increased profits.
I opened a Pinterest account a month or so ago and only set up 5 Boards, but filled them quickly with Blog Posts, Infographs and Videos of the work and creation of friends and clients, along with some personal activity. But rather than Just Pinning a photo or video you will notice TEXT is added and encourages dialog. When our PINS are repined I take a moment and LIKE and comment back..
Also notice two of the Book do have prices listed
This small amount of time invested has developed some NEW relationships and traffic to the main sites, which has been converting modestly. Two client sites received traffic (23 visits) to their site and reasonable Time spent and page views within 2 hours after Pinning their recent Blog post.
Another Board that has generated a lot of activity is our Horse Board on Pinterest
Some Interesting Pinterest Statistics
- Pinterest is retaining and engaging users as much as 2-3x as efficiently as Twitter was at a similar time in its history.
- Over 80% of pins are re-pins, demonstrating the tremendous virality at work in the Pinterest community. To contrast, a study done at a similar time in Twitter’s history showed that only about 1.4% of tweets were retweets
- The quality of the average new user (as defined by their level of engagement and likelihood to remain active) is high but declining. Users who have joined in recent months are 2-3x less active during their first month than the users that came before them.
And according to E-M Marketing:
Using Google’s DoubleClick Ad Planner, you can see that in January 2012, there were 19M unique visitors in the U.S with 1.5B page views. Other Pinterest site demographics are
- -80% are between ages 25-54
- -82% Female
- -61% have some college education
- -70% have income between $25,000-$74,999
If your Product and/Service is directed to Women, Pinterest is the pace to find them, for sure. Being involved in the growing and serving of food and the Horse Industry for years, I learned early on, always hang out where the SHOPPERS really are. But heir are a growing number of men who are seeing the positive side of Pinterest. Yesterday I received re-pins from 15 “Male Pinners”